Thursday, June 23, 2005

Arrivederci Italia

Leaving Italia was harder this time. When will I return? Would it be soon?

Spent a wonderful evening with the pro-mechanic Roberto and his family before the start of the tour. After dinner Roberto shuffled me into his SmartCar and drove me into the hills, showing me wonderful rides to train on, showing me the trees that the olives we ate came from, showing me the most beautiful churches and taking me to the most wonderful view points.

He wants me to come spend a week or two with his family so I can learn Italian. I would do this after I go to school for a few weeks.

Several days after I visited him one of his cyclists died of a heart attack in the Vuelta a Asturias. The cyclist had been taught and under Roberto's wing for many years. I have not spoken with Roberto since the event but I know that this must be a very hard time for him.

The tour went well. The group from Hong Kong is always fun. Here are a few photos of the group:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Orcia Valley

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Dinner at El Greppo Agrotourismo Winery

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
El Greppo son shows off the meat before it is roasted

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Wine tasting at El Cerro Winery

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
In Vinci--Leonardo Museum in background

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Montepulciano

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home